DISEASE MANAGEMENT CENTRALIZED CARE UNIT
The Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. Disease Management Centralized Care Unit (DMCCU) is based on a system of coordinated care management interventions and communications designed to assist physicians and others in managing members with chronic conditions.
Disease Management Centralized Care Unit (DMCCU) services include:
- A holistic, member-centric approach to disease management focusing on the needs of the member.
- Motivational interviewing techniques used in conjunction with member self-empowerment.
- Disease management programs for asthma, bipolar disorder, coronary artery disease (CAD), congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, human immunodeficiency virus and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS), hypertension, major depressive disorder, schizophrenia and substance use disorder.
- The ability to manage more than one disease to meet the changing health care needs of our member population.
DMCCU also offers weight management services to members with a disease management condition and a weight concern.
The mission of the Disease Management Centralized Care Unit department is to improve the health and quality of life for the members served by encouraging self-care efforts, coordinating health care education and providing interventions along the Continuum of Care.
About Amerigroup disease management programs
Our programs feature:
- Proactive population identification processes.
- Chronic disease care gaps identification.
- Evidence-based national practice guidelines.
- Collaborative practice models to include physician and support-service providers in treatment planning for members.
- Continuous patient self-management education, including primary prevention, behavior modification programs and compliance/surveillance, as well as home visits and case management for high-risk members.
- Process and outcomes measurement, evaluation and management.
- Ongoing communication with providers regarding patient status.
Disease Management Centralized Care Unit objectives are to:
- Address gaps in care.
- Improve the understanding of disease processes.
- Improve our members’ quality of life.
- Provide opportunities for patient-centered care.
- Support network provider relationships with members.
- Increase network provider awareness of DMCCU programs.
- Reduce acute episodes requiring emergent or inpatient care.
Who is eligible?
All Amerigroup members with the above conditions diagnoses are eligible for DMCCU services. Members are identified through continuous case finding efforts such as continuous case finding welcome calls, claims mining and referrals.
DMCCU and our disease management programs do not advertise, market or promote specific products or services to members or providers. DMCCU and our disease management programs do not have any financial ownership arrangements with anyone who advertises, markets or provides the goods and services we offer.
Disease Management Referral Form